Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

Divine Intervention

In 1978 I was on tour in Italy, it was the afternoon and we were getting ready for a gig in a huge sport hall.

One of the Italian house crew came calling for Woody, I said yes and he said your Mother is on the phone from the United States. He pointed me out to a hallway with about a dozen pay phones, one of the receivers was hanging, I picked it up, said hi Mom and no one was there. I immediately phoned home, My Mom answered and said...Oh Woody I'm so glad that you called, I didn't know how to get in touch with you.

I was dumbfounded, and she said your Dad is in the hospital and things aren't well. I left the tour, flew home the next day, went to the hospital, Dad was out of it but clinched my hand...He died that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment